ALITTLE ABOUT ME…
- I am married to a lovely woman, Amy Thoma, now Amy Schreiner!!! She is wonderful and she truly has a heart of gold and the LOVE of my life!! (married since Sept 21, 2002)
- My wife and I have a wonderful son named, Elijah Luke Schreiner and a beautiful daughter named, Abigail Joy Schreiner.
- I graduated from Northwest High School in Canal Fulton, Ohio (where I grew up).
- I graduated from Kent State University in December of 1999 and I was a Elementary Education major for 2 years and then switch to Rhetoric in Communications (the study and theory of communications) with a minor in Computer Information Systems. I graduated with a Bachelors in Fine and Professional Arts in Communications with a minor in Computer Information Systems.
- I just graudated from Trinity International University in the Evangelical Divinity School with my Masters in Arts & Christian Studies. It has been a dream of mine to get my Masters from a seminary. I am truly grateful that God has allowed me to fulfill my dream and passion!
- Also I am currently working full time for a church in Akron, Ohio called The Chapel. I am the Pastor of Outreach overseeing both Global and Local Outreach Ministries. I had been serving for 10 years as the Internationals Ministry Director & Pastor, reaching out to internationals that come to the Akron area, and the Assistant/Youth Pastor for the Akron Chinese Church that meets at the larger church of The Chapel
- My wife and I are currently co-directors of LION Players, a Chrsitian drama/dance team. An outreach ministry out of Akron, Ohio under the leadership of Streaming Lion Arts Ministries (SLAM Academy).
- I worked for 9 year for the ALIVE Christian Music Festival doing Graphic Design and other database computer work. I continue my involvement with the ALIVE Festival by coordinating the prayer tent and baptism service at the festival.
- I have taken Chinese language classes at the University of Akron and learned by being tutored by Chinese friends how to speak Chinese. It is a hard language to master, but I enjoy it. I have not mastered it yet.
- I love to work with computers (both mac and pc), water ski, play soccer, play Table Tennis/ping pong (always learning more from my Chinese friends), swim, work on my house, watch movies, and play my guitar (in leading worship for church)! These are just a couple of past times that I enjoy.
- I also enjoy studying the Bible. To know and have the Word of God hidden in my heart is my desire!
- My heart is infused with God’s heart in desiring all people to be in relationship with God through the joy of Salvation through Jesus Christ!
* I put together a personal mission statement for my life and ministry. Below is what I put together. It is a work in progress…
—Personal Mission Statement—
My life statement/mission:
To be a man of integrity and compassion, modeling my life after Jesus Christ as His disciple.
Values/principles to accomplish my life mission:
- Being a man of my word by following through when I set forth to do something or say something.
- Modeling Christ’s love to others by showing unconditional love and not being afraid to love when I may not be loved in return.
- Sharing the Gospel through word and deed. Letting my actions for others show that I love Jesus in obeying His command to love others (Mark 12:31).
- Encouraging Christians to live as disciples of Jesus Christ by teaching the truths of the scriptures and commissioning believers to go and tell others.
- Continuing to be teachable to learn more from God and open to instruction from others.
- Staying connected to a body of believers so I may be built up as a man of God and refreshed emotionally, spiritually, and physically
My roles of priority in accomplishing my life mission:
- As a husband I want to love passionately, lead courageously, hold up truth above all, and be willing to learn in every situation.
- As a student I want to be open to instruction from my elders and commit myself to the study of truth.
- As a minister or pastor I want to shine as an example of a man who loves and worships Christ alone, teaches others from a passion of the scriptures and encourages others to live like Jesus.
- As a friend I want to love, be real in sharing my life with others that are close to me, and keep others accountable as they keep me accountable for my actions.
- As a family member to show love and compassion to my family and exemplify Christ as I interact with my family in all that I do and say